By Dr. Pamela Fisher, DVM
The hustle and bustle of holiday season can be stressful for pets. Not only do pets have their own anxiety, but they can easily pick up on their owner's stresses as well.
Here are some tips to help your pets stay calm and enjoy the holidays!
- Keep your pets on a regular feeding and exercise schedule.
- Make sure your pets get plenty of outside exercise. Explore different parks and outdoor areas.
- Avoid feeding them human snacks and foods. These can cause upset stomach (and pancreatitis).
- Give pets a job when expecting visitors. Some examples of this could be a treat filled toy or puzzle, safe space, or ask to sit and reward with treats. Can also throw some treats to make a fun game when people arrive. **Do not use treats or filled toy with multiple dogs in the house.
- Put pets in a room or crate and give them a treat filled toy to work on.
- Keep holiday decorations and foods out of reach. Avoid scented products & candles.
- Play Calm My Pet Therapeutic Music which includes specific tones and frequencies, to provide added calm health benefits while you are home or away.
- Use fast acting Calm My Pet sprays before, during, and after visitors arrive. These calming sprays also help pets when away from home, boarded at kennels, or at doggie day care.
Animals deserve to be calm, even though our lives may be hectic and stressful. Calm My Pet’s mission is to calm and promote well-being of pets through therapeutic music and organic calming sprays.
Calm My Pet products can help you and your pets enjoy the busy holidays!
I created the Calm My Pet line to help support the nonprofit Rescue Animal Mp3 Project, which donates calming music to animal shelters, sanctuaries, and rescues. A portion of all Calm My Pet purchases is donated to continue calming shelter animals with therapeutic music.